1. Manage stores
To set up your stores with location, opening time and other information, go to SimiCart > Store Locator > Manage Store
On this Manage Store page, you can view a list that shows information of all stores in your site such as name, address, city, country, zip code and status.
You can use the mass action to either delete or change the status of stores. Besides, you can also export the list of stores to CSV or XML files.
1.1. Add Store
To add a new store, click Add New Store button. The new Store Information page includes 7 tabs: General Information, Google Map Location, Image Gallery, Store’s Schedule, Store’s Tags, Store’s Holidays, and Store’s Special days.
General Information tab
In this tab, you can provide a lot of detailed information about your store to help your customers locate it easier. In addition to important information such as store name, store address, contact info, here are some extra fields you should use to optimize the user experience:
- Store View: Select the store view to which your changes are applied
- Store Name: Set a name for your new store
- Store’s Link: enter a link to the store’s official website or social channel such as Facebook fan page
Google Map Location tab
There are several fields in this tab are required such as Address, Latitude, Longitude, and Zoom Level.
4 fields in this tab including Zoom Level, Latitude, Longitude and Store Icon.
- Address (*): Your physical store’s address.
- Zoom Level: It is used when previewing the store’s location on Google Map in the backend, and on the Store Listing page on the frontend. The higher number you set, the higher zoom-in level is
- Store Latitude and Longitude: You do not need to fill them out if you do not remember your store’s coordinates. After saving, the extension will automatically provide these figures corresponding to the store address you have entered in the General Information tab.
- Store Icon: You can upload an icon to use as store’s marker on G-map instead of the default pin icon
Image Gallery tab
Upload as many store images as you want. The base image will be shown in the store list.
Store’s Schedule tab
This tab allows you to set opening time for a store. Let us take Monday for example:
- If your store opens on Monday, choose Open.
- If your store opens from 8 am to 10 pm, set Open Time as 8:00 and Close Time as 22:00.
Similarly, you can set opening hours for each remaining day of the week. To quickly set it up, click on the Apply to all button on the top of the Monday section. Other days will have the same working time as Monday.
After entering all the necessary data, remember to click on the Save Schedule and Save and Continue Edit button to save your work, or Save and New to save your changes and create a new schedule.
1.2. Import Stores
Click on the Import Stores button on the top right corner of the Manage Store page. You will be navigated to the Import Stores page.
CSV file structure
You can download the sample “stores.csv” file to view its structure. The columns are attribute values of the store and each row corresponds to one store. The title row (first row) contains the attribute name. Please note that you cannot edit it (important!) because the system reads data from CSV files based on the name. If the attribute value of any stores is null, you don’t have to fill data into it.
- Create a CSV file with information of your stores following the sample file structure
- Click on the button Choose File to select your CSV file
- Select Import Stores to import the CSV file
1.3. Edit Store
In order to edit a store, you can click on the Edit link of any store row on the Manage Store grid. Besides existing fields as when you add a new store, you should pay attention to the Google Map Location tab. When a store is imported or created manually, the system will automatically get the coordinates based on the store address by using Google API. However, in some cases, this way may be not completely accurate. In these cases, the Google Map Location tab allows you to edit store coordinates manually.
If the pin on the map is not in the right place, you can drag and drop it to wherever you want to, or manually search for a location to set a new location.
After editing, remember to click Save or Save and Continue Edit to save your work.
When you edit the store address (street, city or state/province) in General Information, the store coordinates will be auto-updated after being saved.
2. Manage Tag
Customers can use tags related to the store, such as product category, to filter the stores and narrow down their options.
To set tags for your stores, go to Store Locator > Manage Tag on the menu in the backend. You’ll be navigated to the Manage Tag page listing all tags created. To create a new tag, choose Add New Tag.
You’ll be directed to the New Tag page where you’ll be doing all the configurations.
This should all be self-explanatory to you. Set a tag name, description, icon and choose the stores that you want your new tag to be applied to in the Stores of Tag tab.
3. Manage Holidays
To set days off for your stores, go to Store Locator > Manage Holiday on the menu in the backend. You will be navigated to the Manage Holiday page listing all holidays created. Holidays within a specific period, which is set in Settings, will be shown in the Store Information tab on the Store Detailed page.
Click on Add Holiday to create a new one.
On the New Holiday page:
- Select store(s) to apply holiday from the list in the Stores of Holiday tab on the left menu
- Set a holiday name
- Select the start date and end date of holiday
- Fill in the Comment field if needed
Remember to click on the Save Holiday button after entering required fields to save your work.
4. Manage Special Days
To set days with special working time for your stores, go to Store Locator > Manage Special Day on the menu in the backend. You will be navigated to the Special Day Manager page listing all special days created. Days within a specific period, which is set in Settings, will be shown in the Store Information tab on the Store Detailed page.
Click on the Add New Special day button to create a new one.
On the New Special Day page:
- Select store(s) to apply special working days from the list in the Stores of Special day tab
- Set a new of the special day
- Select the start date and end date of special days
- Choose opening and closing time applied to these special days
Remember to click Save Item to save your work.
Special days have the highest priority compared to holidays and other days. If a specific date is assigned as the store's both special day and holiday, it will be counted as a special working day. The store still opens on that date but with special opening hours as you configured.