Configure PWA (free version)
1. Enable the PWA
In your Magento backend, go to SimiCart PWA > Settings
Push Notification and Offline Mode
- Enable: Select Yes to enable both Push Notification and Offline Mode functions of PWA
- Notification Icon URL (png)
: image URL of the notification icon (.png file type)
- Enable: Select Yes to enable the Add to Home Screen notification
- App Name: The name that appears on PWA splash screen
- App Short Name: The name of your PWA after you add it to mobile home screen
- Icon URL (png): The image URL of your PWA icon which appears on home screen (.png file type)
- Theme Color: The color of PWA header
- Background Color: The background color of your PWA splash screen
Click Save Config to save your changes.
3) Go to System > Tools > Cache Management to clear your cache.
4) Finally, click Build PWA to apply changes to your PWA.
2. Sending Push Notifications
1) In your Magento backend, go to SimiCart PWA > Manage Notification
2) Click Add New Notification button
- Title: The title of your notification
- Image: Upload an image for your notification
- Message: The message of your notification
- Direct viewers to: You can choose what happens when users click on the push notification: go to a product page (Product In-app), a category page (Category Inapp), or an external website (Website Page)
- Product ID/Category/URL: Select which product/category/URL that you want to redirect viewers to. Click button to show your product/category list.
- Device IDs: You can choose to send the notification to one or multiple specific devices. Click button to show a list of registered devices (users who click “Allow” when prompted to show notification for your PWA)
3) When your notification is ready to be sent, click Send.
4) If you want to save your notification for later use, click Save and Continue Edit.
Which browsers support PWA?
PWA core features
Add to home screen
(*): Not supported on iOS
Install PWA Connector (free version)
PWA only works on HTTPS sites. Download PWA Connector from GitHub: https://github.com/Simicart/pwacommerceformagento2 Extract the downloaded package Use an FTP client (such as FileZilla) to upload the extracted files to Magento root folder on your ...
Install Tapita for Magento PWA Studio
Integrate PWA Studio frontend Clone Tapita PWA Studio repo Scenario 1: If you use @magento/create-pwa package From the root directory of your PWA Studio project, clone the repository: git clone ...
Enable Search-by-Image feature for your app
As Google has updated their policy, the Image Search feature is not always free anymore. It has a limit on the amount of searches users can make per month before Google starts charging a fee. The details is as below (Price per 1000 units): FEATURE ...
General Frontend Integration Guide
Magento PWA Studio Clone Tapita PWA Studio repo Scenario 1: If you use @magento/create-pwa package From the root directory of your PWA Studio project, clone the repository: git ...
How do I get Google API Key for location-based features on my app?
1. Create a Google Cloud account Go to https://cloud.google.com/ and click Get started for free. Enter your information and click Start my free trial. 2. Google Cloud API Configuration Go to https://console.cloud.google.com/. On the left menu, go ...