After successfully building your Magento Android mobile app with SimiCart, you need to get your app published to Google Play Store so your customers can download it, use it and start purchasing.
Requirement: Make sure you already have a Google Play Developer Account.
There are 3 main steps you need to take:
1. Get google-services.json file
Go to website: https://firebase.google.com, login to your Google Account. Then click “Go to Console"
Click (+) Add project, you will see the popup create the Firebase Project. Insert Project name and select your Country. Then click button Create Project. You will have a Firebase Project.
Create Firebase Android App by following pictures below.
Note: “your app Package name” is “your app Identifier” in Step 4
Then go to Project settings, on your Firebase Android app, download google-services.json file.
2. Get .apk file
Open your SimiCart Dashboard, go to App Builder > Publish.
In Android section, select Submit by Your Google Developer Acount
There are some required information that you need to fill out:
- Service Json: Upload the google-services.json file that you get from the first step
- Android Key: Enter a unique ID for your app. Normally it is the reverse form of your domain name. For example: com.simicart.demo
- Version Name: a number representing your app version on Google Play Store. This can be in the form of x.x or x.x.x (For example: 1.5 or 4.0.2)
- Version Code: Every APK has a versionCode that's incremented with each update of your app. When selecting the Version Code for your APK, keep in mind that you'll need to increase the versionCode for every update
- Description: Your app's description on Google Play
- Short Description: The first text users see when looking at your app's detail page on the Play Store app.
Then, click Get your release file. The process is going to take a few minutes and then you will see a link to get the .apk file. Click Download Android App to get the APK.
3. Publish your app to Google Play Store
Navigate to https://play.google.com/apps/publish/ and click Create Application.
Fill out your app name (It is different from app name on SimiCart Dashboard), then click Create
There are 4 sections you need to complete before submitting an application on the Google Play Store: App releases, Store listing, Content rating, Pricing & distribution.
1. App releases
Click on App releases section from left menu and choose Manage Production to create new Production version.
Click Create Release
Click Upload APK to choose an apk from your computer.
You can also specify a name and a description for this release version.
Click on Review button then you can move to the next section.
2. Store listing
In Store listing section, you have to provide the below information:
- Title: Your app name on Google Play
- Full description and Short description: You can copy these from your SimiCart Dashboard
- Screenshots: Upload at least 2 screenshots. You can add up to 8 screenshots for each supported device type: Phone, Tablet (7 inch & 10 inch), Android TV, and Android Wear.
- Hi-res icon (512x512): your app's icon on Google Play
- Feature Graphic (1024x500): The feature graphic is displayed at the top of your Store Listing page in the Play Store app
Under Categorization, choose your Application type and Category.
Content rating should be skipped in this section and will be guided in the next one.
You are also required to provide some Contact details such as Website, Email, and Phone
3. Content rating
Select Content rating section, then click Continue to start progress.
Fill out your Email and confirm it.
In Select your app category, there should be the Consumer store or Commercial store or Commercial streaming service option.
Next, answer all required questions and click Save questionnaire.
After the questionnaires are saved, click on Calculate Rating button.
At last, click Apply Rating to finish this step.
4. Pricing & Distribution
In this section, you can specify countries where your app is available.
With an app provided by SimiCart, you should declare Contains ads as No, it has no ads.
You have to accept with Content guidelines and US export laws.
After completing all above steps, top menu will display a status as Ready to publish. Click on it then you will be directed to App releases section.
Click on Edit release button.
Click Start rollout to production and confirm for finishing publication process.
After submitting, it may take 1 to 3 days for your app to be approved and published on Google Play Store.