I. Manage Stores
To set up stores with location, opening time and other information, go to Simiconnector > Rich Content > Store Locator > Manage Stores.
On this Store Manager page, you can view a list that shows information of all stores in your site such as name, address, city, country, zip code and status.
You can use the mass action to delete or change status of stores. Besides, you can also export the list of stores to CSV or XML files.
1. Add Store
To add a new store, click on the Add Store button. The new Store Information page includes 3 tabs: General Information, Google Map and Time Schedule.
General Information tab
In this tab, you can provide a lot of detailed information about your store to help your Customers locate it easier. In addition to important information such as store name, store address, contact info, here are some extra fields you should use to optimize user experience:
- Link to store: enter a link to the store’s official website or social channel such as Facebook fan page
- Store’s Tag(s): enter any tags related to the store, such as product category, so that Customers can use them to filter stores and narrow down their option.
- Store Image(s): upload as many store images as you want. The base image will be shown in the store list.
Google Map tab
There are 4 fields in this tab including Zoom Level, Latitude, Longitude and Store Icon.
- Zoom Level: It is used when previewing the store’s location on Google Map in backend and on the Store Listing page in frontend. The higher number you set, the higher zoom-in level is
- Store Latitude and Longitude: You do not need to fill them out if you do not remember your store’s coordinates. After saving, the extension will automatically provide these figures corresponding to the store address you have entered in the General Information
- Store Icon: You can upload an icon to use as store’s marker on G-map instead of the default pin icon.
Time Schedule tab
This tab allows you to set opening time for a store. Take Monday for example:
- If your store opens on Monday, choose Yes for Open.
- If your store opens from 8 am to 10 pm, set Open Time as 8:00 and Close Time as 22:00.
Similarly, you can set opening hours for each remaining day of the week. To quickly set up, click on the Apply to other days button on the top right corner of the Monday section. Other days will have the same working time as Monday.
After entering all the necessary data, remember to click on the Save or Save and Continue Edit button to save your work.
2. Import Stores
Click on the Import Store button on the top right corner of the Store Manager page. You will be navigated to the Import File page.
- CSV file structure
You can download the sample “stores.csv” file to view its structure. The columns are attribute values of the store and each row corresponds to one store. The title row (first row) contains the attribute name. Please note that you cannot edit it (important!) because the system reads data from CSV files based on the name. If the attribute value of any stores is null, you don’t have to fill data into it.
- Import file
- Create a CSV file with information of your stores following the sample file structure
- Click on button Browse to select your CSV file
- Select Save Item to import the CSV file
3. Edit Store
In order to edit a store, you can click on the Edit link of any store row on the Store Manager grid. Besides existing fields as when you add a new store, you should pay attention to the Google Map tab. When a store is imported or created manually, the system will automatically get the coordinates based on the store address by using Google API. However, in some cases, this way may be not completely accurate. Therefore, the Google Map tab allows you to edit store coordinates manually. You can click on Click here to show map to preview the store location.
If the pin on the map is not in the right place, you can drag and drop it to where you want to set a new location.
After editing, remember to click on the Save or Save and Continue Edit button to save your work.
Note: When you edit the store address (street, city or state/province) in General Information, the store coordinates will be auto-updated after being saved.
2. Manage Holidays
To set days off for your stores, go to Store Locator > Manage Holidays on the menu in backend. You will be navigated to the Holiday Manager page listing all holidays created. Holidays within a specific period, which is set in Settings, will be shown in the Store Information tab on the Store Detailed page.
Click on Add Holiday to create a new one.
On the Add Holiday page:
- Select store(s) to apply holiday from the list
- Select the start date and end date of holiday
- Fill in the Comment field if needed
Remember to click on the Save Item button after entering required fields to save your work.
3. Manage Special Days
To set days with special working time for your stores, go to Store Locator > Manage Special Days on the menu in backend. You will be navigated to the Special Day Manager page listing all special days created. Days within a specific period, which is set in Settings, will be shown in the Store Information tab on the Store Detailed page.
Click on the Add Special Day button to create a new one.
On the Add Special Day page:
- Select store(s) to apply special working days from the list
- Select the start date and end date of special days
- Choose opening and closing time applied to these special days
Remember to click on the Save Item button to save your work.
* Note: Special days have the highest priority compared with holidays and other days. If a specific date is assigned as both store’s special day and holiday, it will be counted as special working day. The store still opens on that date but with special opening hours as you configured.