Unlike a unit price, the quantity price refers to multiple items of the same product that are packaged together and sold as a single unit. A six-pack of soft drinks is an example of product that is sold in quantity increments.
How to set up quantity increments:
- On the Admin menu, select Catalog > Manage Products.
- In the list, click to select the product you want to sell as a package.
- In the Product Information panel on the left, select Inventory. Then, do the following:
- Set Qty for Item’s Status to Become Out of Stock to the lowest inventory threshold for this item. (If necessary, clear the Use Config Settings checkbox.)
The number should be a multiple of the number of items in the package. For example, for a six-pack, the threshold might be 6, 12, 18, and so on.
- Set Enable Qty Increments to “Yes.”
- Set Qty Increments to the number of units included in the package. For example, 6.
4. When complete, click the Save Config button.