New Account Options
In the customer configuration, the basic account options are combined with advanced options related to VAT ID Validation. The following instructions show how to complete only the basic customer account options, which are highlighted in the following screenshot. To learn about the advanced options, see: VAT ID Validation.
Create New Account Options
To set up the basic customer account options:
1. On the Dashboard menu, select System > Configuration.
2. In the panel on the left, under Customers, select Customer Configuration.
3. Click to expand the Create New Account Options section. Then, do the following:
- Set Default Group to the customer group that is assigned to new customers when an account is created.
- Enter the Default Email Domain for the store. For example: mystore.com
- Set Default Welcome Email to the template that is used for the Welcome email sent to new customers.
- Set Email Sender to the store contact that appears as the sender of the Welcome email.
- To require that customers must confirm their request to open an account with your store, set Require Emails Confirmation to “Yes.” Then, set Confirmation Link Email to the template that is used for the confirmation email.
- Set Welcome Email to the template that is used for the Welcome message that is sent after the account is confirmed.
4. When complete, click the Save Config button.