After purchasing SimiCart and logging into your account, click on App Management to go to dashboard. To get started, on the navigation bar, click on Integration. The connector needs to be installed in the Magento backend to sync your app and your website. If you are familiar with installing extensions for Magento sites, then it should not be a problem to install the connector.
There are 2 options to install the Connector: using FTP client or using Magento Marketplace.
1. Install Connector using FTP client
1) Download the SimiCart Connector.
- Login to your SimiCart dashboard, click on App Builder.
- On the Integration tab, select Install Connector section, click on Download (Install directly from your website)
2) Disable Compiler (System>Tools>Compilation)
3) Enable cache on your site's administration panel. Go to System/Cache Management. Choose all caches and select action Enable and submit.
4) Use a FTP client (such as Filezilla, WinSCP, cuteFtp) to upload or copy all folders in the zip package to your Magento site root folder.
5) After the upload process completes, log in to your Magento administration panel. Go to System/Cache Management. Select all caches and select the action Refresh and then Submit.
6) On the main menu of your Magento administration panel, if you can see the Simiconnector tab, it means that SimiCart Connector is installed properly. If you get a message as "Access denied error" when clicking on the Simiconnector tab, you need to log out of the admin panel and log in again.
2. Install Connector Using Magento Marketplace
1) Login to your Marketplace account. Go to My Products > Access Keys.
2) Switch to Magento 1 tab, click Copy next to SimiCart product.
3) Login to your Magento backend
4) Go to System/Cache Management. Choose all caches and select action Enable and Submit.
5) Go to System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager
6) Log in to the Magento Connect Manager with your admin Username and Password.
7) In the Extension tab - Install New Extensions, paste the extension key you got in step 2 into "Extension key to install" field and click Install button.
The Extension dependencies appears: your package is in Ready to install status. Click Proceed.
8) Wait till you get the successful installation notification. Then click Refresh to finish.
9) Go back to your Magento admin, then clear/refresh cache.
3. Check Connector After Install
1) Get the keys from SimiCart Dashboard
Go to SimiCart Dashboard, on the Integration tab/ Install Connector section, save the Secret Key and Token Key to fill out your website admin panel.
2) Update key
Go to Simiconnector > Connector Settings > General Settings. Copy Secret Key, Token Key on SimiCart Dashboard and paste into Secret Key, Token Key field.
3) Go back to your SimiCart Dashboard / Integration tab/ Install Connector again. Enter your URL (URL that the connector was installed in) and click Verify.