1. HOW TO INSTALL CONNECTOR
This Connector must be installed in Magento backend. Otherwise Simi Sales Assistant cannot work. Follow these steps to install:
1. Download the Connector file; unzip it to your Magento folder in web server.
- Simi SA Connector type 1 (for new customers who have not purchased SimiCart + for old customers who purchased before November 1 st 2016):
- Simi SA Connector type 2 (for customers who purchased SimiCart after November 1 st 2016 (core 4.0)):
2. Enable cache in the administration panel of your site. Go to System/Cache Management. Choose all caches and select action Enable and then Submit.
3. Use an FTP client (such as Filezilla, WinSCP, cuteFtp) to upload or copy all folders in the zip package to your Magento site root folder. This will not overwrite any existing files, just add new files to the folder structure.
4. After uploading is done, log in to your Magento administration panel to refresh the cache. Go to System/Cache Management. Select all caches and select action Refresh and then Submit.
On the main menu of your Magento administration panel, if you can see the Simiconnector/Mobile Tracking tab, it means that Connector is installed properly. If you get a message "Access denied error" when clicking on the Simiconnector tab, you need to log out of admin panel and log in again.
2. HOW TO CONFIGURE SIMI SALES ASSISTANT
1. Go to Simiconnector/Mobile Tracking/Settings. Make sure Enable is set to Yes. You can configure app notifications here.
2. Add roles for users. Go to Simiconnector/Mobile Tracking/Roles. Click Add Role.
In “Edit Role” page, add Title for the role and then select which features/views that you want to allow for this role.
3. Add users. Go to Simiconnector/Mobile Tracking/Users. Click Add User.
- Enable: You can choose to make this user available or not.
- Title: Create a title for this user
- Role: Assign a role for this user. This user will inherit the permissions of that role.
- Profile Image: Upload an avatar for this user. Please upload a square image (e.g. 200px x 200px)
- Customer Email: this will be the user’s login email. This user must already exist in your website Customers list. The password of this user’s account is also the password to log into Simi Sales Tracking.