After purchasing SimiCart and logging into your account, click on App Management to go to dashboard. To get started, on the navigation bar, click on Integration. The connector needs to be installed in the Magento backend to sync your app and your website. If you are familiar with installing extensions for Magento sites, then it should not be a problem to install the connector.
1. Install Connector using SSH client
1) Download the SimiCart Connector.
2) Extract the downloaded package.
3) Enable cache on your site's administration panel: Go to System > Cache Management. Choose all caches and select action Enable and click Submit.
4) Use a SSH client (such as Filezilla, WinSCP, cuteFtp) to upload the extracted files to root directory; then run upgrade command and then compile command to install the plugin.
5) After the upload process completes, log in to your Magento administration panel. Go to System > Cache Management. Select all caches and select the action Refresh and then Submit.
6) On the main menu of your Magento administration panel, if you can see the SimiCart tab, it means that SimiCart Connector is installed properly. If you get the message "Access denied error" when clicking on SimiCart tab, you need to log out of the admin panel and log in again.
2. Check Connector after install
1) Get the keys from SimiCart Dashboard
Go to the SimiCart Dashboard, on the Integration tab/ Install Connector section, save the Secret Key and Token Key to fill out your website admin panel.
2) Update key
In your backend, go to SimiCart > General Settings. Copy Secret Key on SimiCart Dashboard and paste to Secret Key box.
3) Go back to your SimiCart Dashboard / Integration tab/ Install Connector again. Enter your URL (URL that the connector was installed in) and click Verify.