After purchasing SimiCart and logging in your account, click on App Management to go to dashboard. To get started, on the navigation bar, you click on Integration. The connector needs to be installed in the Magento backend to sync your app and you website. If you are familiar with installing extensions for Magento sites, then it should not be a problem to install the connector.
I. INSTALL CONNECTOR USING FTP CLIENT
1) Download the SimiCart Connector.
- Login to your SimiCart dashboard, click on the App Builder.
- On the Integration tab, select Install Connector section, click on Download (Install directly from your website)
2) Disable Compiler (System>Tools>Compilation)
3) Enable cache on your site's administration panel. Go to System/Cache Management. Choose all caches and select action Enable and submit.
4) Use FTP client (such as Filezilla, WinSCP, cuteFtp) to upload or copy all folders in the zip package to your Magento site root folder.
5) After the upload process completes, log in to your Magento administration panel. Go to System/Cache Management. Select all caches and select the action Refresh and then Submit.
6) On the main menu of your Magento administration panel, if you can see the SimiConnector tab, it means that SimiCart Connector is installed properly. If you get a message as "Access denied error" when clicking on the SimiCart Connector tab, you need to log out of the admin panel and log in again.
II. INSTALL CONNECTOR USING MAGENTO CONNECT
1) Get SimiCart connector extension key and install
Open the dashboard in Integration tab, on Install Connector section, click on Install via Magento Connect.
It will open the Magento Connect site, click on Select Key and copy the key for using after.
2) Log in to your Admin Panel.
3) Enable cache on your site's administration panel. Go to System/Cache Management. Choose all caches and select action Enable and Submit.
4) Navigate through System >> Magento Connect >> Magento Connect Manager.
5) Log in to the Magento Connect Manager with your admin Username and Password.
6) In the Extension tab >> Install New Extensions, paste the extension key you got in step 1 into Extension key to install field and click Install button.
7) The Extension dependencies appears: your package is in Ready to install status. Click Proceed.
8) Wait till you get the successful installation notification.
9) Click Refresh to finish.
III. CHECK CONNECTOR AFTER INSTALL
1) Get the keys from SimiCart Dashboard
Go to the SimiCart Dashboard, on the Integration tab/ Install Connector section, save the Secret Key and Token Key to fill out your website admin panel.
2) Update key
● On Magento 1: Go to SimiConnector/ Connector Settings/ Geneal Settings. Copy Secret Key, Token Key on SimiCart Dashboard and paste to Secret Key, Token Key box.
● On Magento 2: Go to your backend, then SimiCart/General Setting. Copy Secret Key on SimiCart Dashboard and paste to Secret Key box.
3) Go back to your SimiCart Dashboard / Integration tab/ Install Connector again. Enter your URL (URL that the connector was installed in) and click Verify.